The Best Thing I Ever Ate

I love love love The Best Thing I Ever Ate. Chef’s going gaga over their favorite foods? Sign me up. I could watch it for hours, which I totally did last night since there was a marathon on(new season premiering in 5 days, forward the word!). Anyway, this has to be one of the best things I’ve ever eaten.

Chocolate Avocado Pudding With Original NibMor

Any surprise that it’s chocolate? Didn’t think so. Raw chocolate avocado pudding is just to die for, if you’ve never tried it. It’s creamy, thick, rich, sweet–I could go on and on. I don’t think coconut milk kefir is raw thought(maybe?), so I threw in a piece of really good NibMor original raw chocolate to counterbalance it. That’s how food math works in my mind. It was delicious. So delicious, in fact, that right before bed when all I wanted to do was eat something simple and go to sleep, all I wanted to eat was this again. I was not about to whip out and clean the food processor at 10:30, so I used what was leftover of the first avocado, a fork, and some almond milk to make it into a quickie.

Chocolate Avocado Pudding With Almond NibMor

Not as pretty, but it got the job done ;-) I think this one might have been actually raw because of the almond breeze? To tie in the almond I tried Nibmor’s Almond flavor for the first time. For the most part, it was absolutely delicious. I mean, chocolate and nuts? What could go wrong. I did, however, get one big raw almond that was a little too chewy for this nut enthusiast(I love my roasted nuts. I really do). Overall though, it was still a good dessert, if 1/4 cup cocoa powder and an avocado can ever be called a “dessert”.

Perhaps not so surprisingly, eating that sugar right before bed did not help me go to sleep very fast. Once I did and finally woke up, my avocado hangover had me not wanting to do my “standard” workout. Instead, I checked out what we had On Demand. Umm, since when did that have so many options? Really, I could do a different workout every day. I settled on a 20-minute kickboxing one and 1/2 a 50-minute yoga flow. This was my first time trying both of these activities and it’s probably a good thing it was in the comfort of my own home because it was messy. I also got a little P.O.ed at the kickboxer telling me “We’re almost there” when we weren’t near finishing. Don’t lie to me. I can’t handle it.

Pumpkin Oatmeal With Pumpkin Cream Cheese And Mighty Maple

Peanut Butter Yogurt With Fig Jam

For breakfast I had some very Autumnal oats and a great yogurt for protein to build back up muscle. The combination of salty peanut butter yogurt and sweet fig jam is incredible. Almost(but not quite) the best thing I ever ate. I just love mighty maple and pumpkin cream cheese on anything so that one doesn’t even count. When I was flipping through the Sunday circulars looking for coupons, I snacked on an apple and lookie what I spotted.

Pink Lady Apple

Chocolate And Caramel Oikos

Chocolate and caramel? Am I reading this right? Umm, yes please! How funny that I’m all excited for this, when in theory I could jut put chocolate syrup or caramel sauce on top of my yogurt right now… I’d rather wait for someone else to do it for me :-) Lunch was leftovers, except I didn’t feel like eating meat and that was most of the leftovers. Instead, I threw some tempeh slices in a pan with 1 tablespoon soy sauce and maple syrup and let that brown up.

Maple-Soy Tempeh, Broccoli, Carrots, And Parsnips With Soyaki

Well that was quick and delicious–definitely making a mental note for times I don’t feel like cooking and just want some real food fast. Except it was soy and had a lot of fiber and now is sitting in my stomach like a brick :-( The best foods always do that. Maybe I should eat another square of chocolate? It does speed up the digestion of carbs… hell, it just makes everything better.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No Responses to “The Best Thing I Ever Ate”

1. MelissaNibbles 03. Jan, 2010 at 6:24 pm #

I’m all over that caramel Oikos! I can’t wait!

2. Jenn 03. Jan, 2010 at 6:31 pm #

haha I hate when workout instructors keep saying “okay, just one more set of squats…” then 3 sets later I may or may not be cursing their name.

that pudding is epic!

3. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce 03. Jan, 2010 at 6:36 pm #

chocolate and caramel oikos!! i’m so excited. you’re so funny, i hate when instructors (in real life or on tv) say stuff like that…i can’t handle those lies either ;)

4. ksgoodeats 03. Jan, 2010 at 6:38 pm #

Chocolate Oikos?! Stonyfield knows what’s up! I can’t wait until that comes out!

I know what you mean about the fitness on On Deman – love the variety but the hosts can be a little cheesey!

5. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) 03. Jan, 2010 at 6:51 pm #

I love avo choc pudding. I have made what i call Raw Vegan Choc Mousse before. Same thing. Avo, cocoa powder, and since I dont love coconut oil in certain things, i omit that. But add agave and a dash of vanilla…OMG so freakin good. I love that you’re into it.

Coconut milk kefir. Well, theoreticlaly one could make it raw if you’re cracking your own coconuts. And using live cultures. But since we’re not doing this (well most people arent) :) then I term things like this high raw, or uncooked vegan coconut milk. God forbid it gets wrongly labels, the Vegan Police will leave you the nastiest rudest comments. I get them sometimes. Sigh.

But the:Peanut Butter Yogurt With Fig Jam. I am pretty dairy intolerant but OMG I wish I could do that. OR the carmel/Choc oikos that is coming out. WOW that sounds great!

Tv show you mentioned, i am clueless about that stuff so thanks for the heads up!

6. marathonmaiden 03. Jan, 2010 at 6:57 pm #

i don’t think i could narrow it down to one best thing :) funny about that kickboxing video “lying” to you about being almost done, i hated that when people were telling me that at mile 20 of my marathon. i was like….um no? haha

7. Leah 03. Jan, 2010 at 7:06 pm #

omg chocolate oikos!!! sign me up! that looks amazing, as does your chocolate avocado pudding…i’ma need to get my hands on some avos so i can try it

8. Abby 03. Jan, 2010 at 7:26 pm #

The choc avo pudding sounds and looks really great.. SOO healthy too! :)

Your din din of Maple-Soy Tempeh, Broccoli, Carrots, And Parsnips With Soyaki is right up my alley .. love that you have parsnips.. I need to get some asap!

9. Kelly 03. Jan, 2010 at 7:27 pm #

Oh my gosh that pink lady apple looks perfect! I only like pink lady apples…they have the best taste and crunch! :)

10. Jessica @ How Sweet 03. Jan, 2010 at 7:41 pm #

I love that show, too! New season Friday!!! WOOHOO!!

11. Anna 03. Jan, 2010 at 9:32 pm #

Chocolate avocado pudding?!? Wha??? Sounds just crazy enough to work :-)

I’ve never heard of that show, but it sounds good. I’ll have to check it out.

12. Erin 04. Jan, 2010 at 11:01 am #

Evan, I’m really enjoying the big pictures! I have to try that choco avocado pudding soon, I’ve got two old avocads in my fridge. Glad to see it worked out for you!

Also, I made your cornbread last night to go with my chili. So good! I’m going to link back to it either tonight or tomorrow AM when I post about it. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Glad you liked it! And lol, I was literally just about to go to the kitchen to make another batch when I read this :-)