Some Light Rawflections

Last night, I took the plunge:

Homemade Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup

I went from the only person in blogworld not to make these to just the last! Boy that felt good :-) I heated up Newman’s Own Organics’ milk chocolate and filled that with 365 salted in a muffin liner. I did not realize how much chocolate these call for! So instead of two I only ended up making 1 :-/ Oh well. I know me and here’s how I am: I will have a recipe on my “to-make” list for months and keep putting it off because I think it will be difficult. Then I’ll do it once, fall in love, and keep doing it for 2 weeks. Now that I’ve done these, I’m sure I’ll be pumping them out like Reeses. Of course, I ate this like I eat all my peanut butter cups.

Soy Yogurt With Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup And Peanut Butter

Over soy yogurt. Oh, how I swim in the irony of topping soy yogurt with milk chocolate :-D I threw in a little extra peanut butter because this was feeling chocolate heavy, but the result was awesome. I love the touch of salt–gotta have my sodium. After that I watched Leno and am so confused on the controversy here. Is he getting cancelled? Is he moving time slots? I hope not because having a consistent, reliable program on at 10 night after night is the best thing that’s happened to TV in a long time, I think. Right before bed I made a snackeroo.

Oatmeal With Smart Balance Peanut Butter

I think I really wanted more milk chocolate, but could convince myself into this because my tongue associates smart balance peanut butter with milk chocolate from all those advent calender treats I had pre-Christmas! Do you think anyone makes an advent calender that counts down to Christmas starting from January 1st? I could definitely get on board with that :-)

This morning I definitely felt like a cardio workout, but not-so-much strength. I wanted to want both, but it just wasn’t happening. But when I thought about not working out, I knew that wasn’t the answer either. Instead, I decided a plain and simple 200 flights would be a good settlement. Just a note: I do not run these. It’s more like power-walking than running. Running would be… Oh God, I don’t want to think how my legs would feel after that. After an hour of that, I showered up(because this really makes you sweat) and thought of what I wanted for breakfast. Funnily enough, I wanted eggs and avocado. Those are “normal” breakfast foods on their own, right? Well I wanted them a little differently.

French Toast Oats

Probiotic Chocolate Avocado Pudding With Vanilla Snackaroons

Can you believe it? NO peanut butter OR greek yogurt? And I’m not even feeling sick, too. Go figure. For some hot protein I made a big bowl of oatbran and oatmeal and cracked an egg right in there. So delicious, simple, and satisfying(especially when you add the maple syrup and cinnamon but you can do that to anything and it’ll be satisfying). With the avocado, I made my almost raw chocolate avocado pudding with 1/2 a leftover avocado, cocoa powder, vanilla powder, stevia, and coconut milk kefir, and topped them with The Raw Bakery‘s Vanilla Snackeroons. This was so good! I loved how it all worked together. The coconut from the snackeroons with the creamy avocado made a great mingling of two foods I don’t eat enough. And the Vanilla Snackeroons were great! Nothing makes me happier than looking at a food and seeing real vanilla bean specks.

Rawflection: Today I got a great bunch of products from Blue Mountain Organics and their companies of raw products to sample and review, which I’m excited to bring you over time. One of my resolutions as of late has been to try new foods like raw dishes into my diet. I think I’ve been doing a pretty good job, too, so long as we’re counting banana whip and chocolate avocado pudding ;-) And I have to say that I have not felt better or more “regular” than I have in the past 2 weeks of eating. Being so in control of my eats with wholesome, clean foods has had great side effects for me. Some of that’s been raw, which I hope to continue, and some of that has just been simple and pure foods like pan-seared ahi tuna, which I also hope to continue. If you’re looking to purify your diet or change things up for wellness, then mark my words when I say you do not need to go on some steadfast, total cleanse for a week. Just slowly but surely and raw and simple foods into your diet. Nothing needs to be 100%; a little at a time can go a long way :-)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No Responses to “Some Light Rawflections”

1. marathonmaiden 08. Jan, 2010 at 2:49 pm #

no running stairs? that would be one killer workout!! i totally get tired just granny walking up them ahaha :)

2. Graze With Me 08. Jan, 2010 at 4:22 pm #

I haven’t made any pb cups. Guess I’m the last one now.

3. Naomi (onefitfoodie) 08. Jan, 2010 at 4:31 pm #

french toast oats sound amaze!!!

walking stairs is HARD!! esp 200…I have the big stairs at my gym and after 10 minutes my HR is through the roof!! its a great workout for the legs, and butt ;)

4. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce 08. Jan, 2010 at 4:50 pm #

i think you have great variety of healthy nutritious foods in your diet, i always am inspired by your posts! it’ll be cool to dabble in more raw stuff too. soy yogurt and milk chocolate may be ironic, but it sounds pretty tasty too

5. Chrysta 08. Jan, 2010 at 5:31 pm #

everything looks awesome. I love the french toast oats! That sound like such a fabulous breakfast! wow! and those home made PB cups over soy yogurt. awesome! You rock! I love always seein these amazing food combos you come up with. Hope your having a great day!

6. Kelly 08. Jan, 2010 at 5:44 pm #

The best thing about your blog is the combinations you come up with! I would never think to mix some of the things you mix but then when you do it and it looks so amazing I think…wow, why didn’t I ever think of that?!? Love it!

7. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) 08. Jan, 2010 at 6:13 pm #

The Probiotic Chocolate Avocado Pudding With Vanilla Snackaroons looks soooo beautiful. and of course delish.

THE PB CUP! Glad you got on those. And yes, they do call for more choc than you think you’d need. Try again, practice makes perfect, lucky you :)

The Rawflection. OMG I love that word. Nice! I can tell you’re in college w/ perky brain cells.
    But seriously love this:

That is so true and I love you for spreading the word!

8. ksgoodeats 08. Jan, 2010 at 6:27 pm #

I think you’ve finally done it with that pudding combo – that sounds AMAZING! I hope you enjoy sampling the raw eats :)

9. eatmovelove 08. Jan, 2010 at 8:56 pm #

enjoy…i’m getting pizza…it has veggies on it ;) …boy you sure do make me feel BAD :( …ugh…

meaning to ask you about the “i love lucy” – how did you get hooked on that show!??? haha . oh and even walking 200 flights of stairs makes my legs ‘sick’ literally – …where are these stairs – do you do so many and climb down and then back up again – in your house?? do your parents think your crazy – hahah!!

10. Leena 08. Jan, 2010 at 9:04 pm #

i have yet to try those peanut butter cups… but i’ve seen them so much around the blog world, that i think i might just have to now! they look so good… especially when you crumbled them in yogurt!

11. Michelle (Snacks and Field) 08. Jan, 2010 at 9:26 pm #

The peanut butter cup looks delicious! I know its really bad, but I prefer Reese’s to most homemade kinds :/ so I’m skeptical on making them…