I'm A Little Distracted…

If I wander off in the writing of this post, it’s because I’m a little distracted.

I’m a little distracted by how warm and sunny it’s been all day; where is this weather when I have the time to enjoy it? I hope it’s around tomorrow so I can soak up the sun on a walk to get groceries.

Grass-Fed Burger, Ketchup, Pickles, Sweet Potato Hash

I’m a little distracted by how delicious this meal was. Don’t you love “burger weather”? Today was very much “burger weather”, so I cooked up an old 85/15 and made a sweet potato hash to go along with some pickles; the trick here is to undercook the potatoes so they still have some chew and eat like a meal.

I was a little distracted all through my History class, mostly because I was playing a game and not paying very close attention(whoops!). To be fair, I think the professor was distracted by life because he got on a tangent about how the Bozo The Clown episode of The Mary Tyler Moore show is the funniest comedy ever. Ummm, how great to be up on your references like that…

Zevia Twist

I got distracted by my sweet tooth and grabbed a Zevia Twist in between classes. When I say “grab”, I mean I had to go back to my room; if only more places would carry these. I love the simple ingredients–just 5, which I recognize!

I might have just gotten a little distracted and started to “Do the twist, do the twist. A-do the, a-do the, a-do the twist.” OK, maybe I’m even worse with my pop culture references than my professor…

Honest Foods Choco Peanut Butter Bar

I was distracted and enthralled in Latin class by how much this bar by Honest Foods tastes like a chocolate chip blondie! Seriously, that hit a craving I was needing to be hit. The wrapper says it’s manufactured somewhere with wheat but it looked gluten-free to me.

I’m currently distracted by how true everything in this post about eating vegetarian rings true for my own life. Re: 74, my ground beef was dripping blood on my dorm floor last night while I was making patties. I must be dedicated to my (ethical) meat cravings.

Vanilla Chobani With Milk Chocolate Peanuts And Sunflower Seeds

I got distracted thinking about making raw vegan brownies this weekend so much so that I needed to have sunflower seeds and chocolate now. I put some milk chocolate peanut sunspires and sunflower seeds on top of a vanilla Chobani. I think I forgot how much like desserts vanilla Chobani taste while keeping the sugars in checks–definitely something good for me as I don’t want to be shoving stevia in everything.

I got distracted while cooking dinner thinking about how Lady Gaga and Johnny Wier would dress their child if they got married and had a kid(and that’s a HUGE if there). What an odd thought.

Caramelized Brussels, Country Style Chicken Sausages, Maple Tofu

Caramelized Brussel Sprouts, Country Style Chicken Sausages, Maple Tofu

I’m distracted right now thinking of how long it’s been since I’ve had brussels sprouts and how much I missed them! This was a lot of your “favorite green vegetable”, and I can’t say I don’t love them, but they’re so rare at the dining hall. I cooked them with some pasture butter and 2 country style Al Fresco chicken sausages–yum! The maple tofu was the perfect sweetness to top it all off.

I’ve been too distracted all along to mention that my coffee intake today has skyrocketed compared to other days this week. Uhhh, whoops? 8-|

I wish I’d be distracted tonight by Survivor but apparently that won’t be on :-( What to do, oh, what to do? More ice cream?

I’m distracted by the thought of winning this awesome prize from the gorgeous blogger, Holly.

And, lastly, I’m distracted because this would have been my maternal grandfather’s birthday if he were still with us. 82 wouldn’t have known what to do with him :-D

What’s distracting you today? Or are you annoyingly focused? Don’t even tell me if it’s the latter.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No Responses to “I'm A Little Distracted…”

1. Naomi (onefitfoodie) 18. Mar, 2010 at 7:07 pm #

whoaaaa someone changed their blog! love it :)

ahh i want to see lady gaga in concert july 1st, tickets are 175 right now! a bit pricey for me, i want to see if they go down at all

Maple tofu sounds so good!

2. eatingmachine 18. Mar, 2010 at 7:25 pm #

have you seen johnny skating to poker face? i love it sooo much. him and gaga just go together

3. From Party To Hearty 18. Mar, 2010 at 7:31 pm #

Love burger weather! I have been distracted by everything on the internet today while I was at work!

4. Kelly 18. Mar, 2010 at 7:38 pm #

I am distracted by your awesome new layout!! :)

5. marathonmaiden 18. Mar, 2010 at 10:16 pm #

i was distracted today because of all the packing to head back to school from spring break. or rather i kept distracting myself with packing and then i’d start to pack and then distract myself with something else hahah!

and YES to grilling weather. i want to have a cook-out!!

6. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) 18. Mar, 2010 at 10:23 pm #

Wow layout change!!!!!! There’s another girl who uses this one..celery in the city maybe? or kristinsnibbles…anyway very nice and fresh! I love the non-orange/non-red vibe. This is so much cleaner and you have all kinds of columns…so cool!

I hated when profs went off on weird tangents, it’s like i can’t believe i am paying you for this.

Enjoy Survivor! :)

7. Matt 18. Mar, 2010 at 10:40 pm #

I am distracted by how much I hate work.

8. Holly 18. Mar, 2010 at 10:46 pm #

ummm…i am pretty sure i have even more love for you after you posted a pic of johnny weird + lady gaga…two of my fave people in this world. so thank you.

also…i LOVE that chobani, sunflower seed + chocolate creation. must recreate asap!

and thanks for the lovely linkback! have a FABULOUS friday!!!!

p.s. LOVE the new layout too!

9. Madeline - Greens and Jeans 19. Mar, 2010 at 12:26 am #

I’m a little distracted by your layout change! It’s so bright and cheery!

10. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce 19. Mar, 2010 at 1:23 am #

i’m sorry your g-pa isn’t still here with you! um ew about the beef blood…but i admire your dedication to the food you love lol!

11. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce 19. Mar, 2010 at 1:24 am #

oh and i ate that exact same honest bar today!!! is it supposed to be rock hard? the flavor was great but i swear i almost broke a tooth! it didn’t have an expiration date on it so i wasn’t sure if it was old or what…

12. saleblan 19. Mar, 2010 at 7:18 am #

I’m totally distracted by this new layout but in a good way…haha. It looks great! :D

I want to try those Honest Food bars soon. They look yummy!

13. Anna 19. Mar, 2010 at 7:56 am #

I’ve been distracted all week by the warm, sunny weather…but I think it’s going away soon :-(

14. Ashlei 19. Mar, 2010 at 9:24 am #

I love Gaga and Johnny Weir, but they would definitely have an interestingly dressed child.

15. Nicole 19. Mar, 2010 at 9:25 am #

Love the new look! Distracting me? Sleepiness!!! That yogurt looks so good! Seeds and M&Ms mmm!

Have a good weekend!!

16. Morgan 19. Mar, 2010 at 9:39 am #

I’m currently distracted by how awesome your new layout looks.
    I’m also distracted with trying to clean the water I spit out off of my desk after reading that Lady Gaga/Johnny Weir thought!