Practice Makes Perfect

Thank you for your reassurance on this post that my nerves are normal. I feel like I’ll be able to run so much better on race day with a clean and clear mind knowing that a lot of the other racers must feel the same way.

Newman's Own Organics Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup

Newman's Own Organics Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup

I sipped some teeccino and snacked on a Newman’s Own Organics milk chocolate peanut butter cup planning my run. Really, I was just stalling and didn’t get out until almost noon! I figured I’d run as much of the real race course as I could for some ”practice”. It ended up being a lot more like race day than I thought it would…

13.37 Miles In 1:50:54

13.37 Miles In 1:50:54

Definitely did not plan to go so far! What can I say? I got in the spirit of things. It was fun imagining how full Providence will be on that day, all the other racers running near me, and the adrenaline. I ran 9 miles on the course and then looped around a bit to extend the mileage and end up at Whole Foods(I even saw one of my teachers whose paper I’ve been putting off writing, haha, but that’s another story and he didn’t see me ;-) ). Unfortunately, I didn’t account for the 1+ mile walk back from Whole Foods, so I was pretty pooped by the time I got to sit down and eat lunch.

General Gao's Chicken, Avocado With Lemon And Sea Salt, Fresh Yoghurt Cheese

General Gao's Chicken, Avocado With Lemon And Sea Salt, Fresh Yoghurt Cheese

Holy dietary fats, batman! I was craving some dark chicken which is why I went to Whole Foods in the first place and got General Gao’s. That balanced really well with a creamy, soft avocado half with lemon juice and sea salt. I also grabbed from the prepped food bar a block of yogurt cheese; it wasn’t anything special and just sort of tasted like a basic mozzarella :-/ I still ate it all.

Since lunch was so filling and eaten pretty late, I wasn’t in the mood for much this afternoon. But if you’re gonna twist my arm…

Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Ice Cream, Organic White Chocolate

Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Ice Cream, Organic White Chocolate

Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Ice Cream, Organic White Chocolate

Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Ice Cream, Organic White Chocolate

Don’t tell chickpeas, but I think vanilla is my favorite bean ;-) While at Whole Foods, I picked up a few groceries including Vanilla Bean So Delicious. I just love this stuff; I’ve even made a review page for it now! Check it out. Equally j’adore Green & Black’s organic white chocolate, which I also made a review for. It’s not the best white chocolate I’ve had, but it’s pretty darn good ;-) And those vanilla bean specks get me every time.

Faux Buffalo Chicken Salad With Steamed Broccoli And Avocado

Faux Buffalo Chicken Salad With Steamed Broccoli And Avocado

I wasn’t too hungry for dinner; I think that lunch was still holding me over, and I’d care not to know how much exactly was in that plate. I made a nice, light Summer salad starting with a bed of torn hamburg lettuce and adding a pack of chopped Lightlife Buffalo Wings. Some people prefer neither real meat or fake meat; lucky for me, I eat both happily so long as they’re ethical and natural :-D I added a few more slices of avocado(love) and some steamed broccoli for light fiber. Maybe my hunger will strike for dessert? I’m well stocked if that’s the case.

Have a great Saturday’s night and go ahead and enter Katie’s giveaway! I just noticed Anchorman is on TV at 8(!!). It’s not my favorite movie, but I can’t complain about it, either.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

No Responses to “Practice Makes Perfect”

1. Chocolate-Covered Katie 10. Apr, 2010 at 7:12 pm #

Ooh the coconut milk snackie looks yummy! Might hafta try it myself, with dark choccie :) .
    Entered you!

2. Yum Yucky 10. Apr, 2010 at 7:13 pm #

You teacher should give you extra credit for running so far. And YOU, should gimme summa dat chikin.

3. Kelly 10. Apr, 2010 at 7:46 pm #

I haven’t ever seen Anchorman…hum…might have to check that out later! :)

4. clay 10. Apr, 2010 at 8:04 pm #

Haha thanks for reminding me! I love anchorman! Hey make sure you are eating enough to sustain such high mileage.

I appreciate the concern, and I recognize my hunger was a little light in this post, but I think in the wider view of things all is in balance. Between my last run was the foods in these posts( http://foodmakesfunfuel.com/2010/04/09/sundae-friday-at-ben-jerrys/ http://foodmakesfunfuel.com/2010/04/10/pre-race-day-nerves/) and a breakfast, all of which I think contributed to making that long run feel so effortless.

5. caronae 10. Apr, 2010 at 8:25 pm #

I love when I don’t set out to run so far and it just happens! Awesome :) And your avocado looks super yummy like that! I have some green and black’s white chocolate now, it’s pretty good.

6. eatmovelove 10. Apr, 2010 at 9:28 pm #

How can you afford WF’s??!!! Great run and holy mileage!!

7. lisa 10. Apr, 2010 at 9:54 pm #

yumm<3 newman's pb cups. ever have the caramel cups? i like them better- which is saying something bc im a pb FANATIC!!

8. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) 10. Apr, 2010 at 11:52 pm #

for a second i thought you made that PB cup, and i was like damn, he’s really perfected the art of food perfection!

running jitters. first of all, you have nothing to be nervous about bc you will ROCK your race and i used to drive courses before I ran them on race day if possible. And i would mapquest and googlemap it b/c i have been known to drive 2-4 hrs to race OR fly to a race (before skylar) and there was no option to run it.

I love your fake/real meat last liner.

And the dietary fats, holy batman, love :)

And the white choc. I know that their dark choc is scott’s fave ever ice cream, have never had their white choc bars..i also have used their cocoa powder but seems too $$ and not that much better to me than the cheap stuff.

9. kbwood 11. Apr, 2010 at 12:01 am #

OH HEYYY!!
    i need to get some more of those “wings” ! have you tried the lemon pepper flavor? i saw those at the store too!

10. Simply Life 11. Apr, 2010 at 7:40 am #

yum! that pb cup looks great!

11. runnerforever 11. Apr, 2010 at 9:28 am #

You have been getting in so many great runs, you have no need to be nervous for your race! By the way, does the Newman’s Own PB cup taste different than the Reeses?

It’s a little smaller but it tastes the same

12. Errign 11. Apr, 2010 at 10:01 am #

I always forgot how funny Anchorman can be once in awhile!

I wish I lived near a Whole Foods, I’d be all over the hot bar!

13. Rachel 11. Apr, 2010 at 10:55 am #

Hey, I’m a new follower and I love your blog! I found you from Love Veggies And Yoga, and I think everything on here is great :)

14. Stef @ moretolifethanlettuce 11. Apr, 2010 at 2:32 pm #

hey, you changed your blog layout! you prob did that a really long time ago but i’ve been totally MIA from blogging, forgive me! “Holy dietary fats, batman!” LOL you crack me up. mmm all your food pics look so great, nice photography skills evan!